My first movie in a Gulf theatre happens to be ‘Veruthe Oru Bharya’, which means a worthless wife. I used all similar clichés to accomplish this.
We went for the 5:30pm show. As there was no diesel in whole Al Khor, we had to go all the way back to Thakeera to get it. I was so annoyed that he made up his mind for the show at 8:30pm. We booked the ticket and went to Indian Cultural Centre which seemed to lack what it’s name proclaimed from outside. It was a shabby building. We went there for his passport renewal.
Next stop was Wear house. We were sure to buy a winter coat for him. They had not arrived. I got a pair of slippers instead which was out of plan. Thus displaying my lack of will power and the power of super duper markets, we returned to the theatre.
Doha Cinema theatre was cosy and houseful. See the judges’ remark.
1. An out dated theme.
2. The reason for Jayaram’s dislike towards wife house didn’t get registered.
3. Song lyrics were superb. Liked the music as well.
4. Liked the way it started. By the time the opening song finished we got an idea about the theme.
5. Jayaram’s performance was great. His daughter also scored. Suraj was also good.
6. I liked some dialogues, which were an adaption from day to day life. Eg :The reply by Jayaram’s daughter to her mother, “Everyone gets carried by someone in their childhood, that doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t grow up and get married.” In world it’s so common for the elders to talk about their hardships to the youngsters. I also liked the dialogue about the desperation of average men in Kerala.
7. We have seen similar scenes and characters in other movies.
8. Over all OK.
I liked the first experience. The thought of causing discomfort to Varun, which might have caused disturbance to us kept us away from the theatres here. But our attempt to watch ‘Kolkatta news’, in Kerala was a success.
He gave his best performance. He said loudly on watching the screen, “Big TV.” He was curious and queried most of the time. He asked, “Why is she bathing the cow?” There was popcorn and juice to engage him.
I found the movie, entirely different from the review I read. It’s hard to get correct information in Qatar or maybe I don’t know to do that. Misleading ads are everywhere. The Mozaic TV subscription didn’t have half of the facilities advertised when bought. Now some of them seem to be available on paying cash. Anyway don’t want to volunteer for customer welfare associations now.